Adventure Passes provide library patrons of Pickens County the opportunity to have free admission to participating attractions and cultural institutions. Passes may be limited to general admission only. Special exhibitions may not be covered, and other restrictions may apply.
- Adventure passes are only available to Adult (18+) borrowers that reside in Pickens County and are in good standing.
- Good standing means the borrower has fines of $5.00 or less. Those on payment plans are not considered to be in good standing.
- Reciprocal and Out-of-County borrowers do not have access to these passes.
- Passes have a loan period of 7 days and do not have the option of renewal.
- Late fees are $2.00 per day and have a maximum fine of $12.00.
- Replacement costs may vary.
- Dated zoo passes do not have a set loan period but must be used on the date printed on the pass.
- Passes will be available at each library branch circulation desk on a first come, first served basis.
- Passes cannot be placed on hold.
- Each household may only check out one pass per venue at a time.
- Passes cannot be turned in and checked right back out to the same household.
- Normal checkout and check in procedures apply.
- Passes should be returned to original lending library and not placed in book drops.
More FREE pass opportunities are coming soon!
The Children’s Museum of the Upstate Passes
- Come in and check out a pass just like a book. Each library branch has two passes to circulate.
- Free admission up to 2 adults and 8 children.
- Due to high demand, library patrons are encouraged to call and ask about pass availability. If a pass is available it may be reserved over the phone. The pass must be picked up from the branch the same day the reserve request was made.
- Passes can be used at the Greenville and Spartanburg locations.
Learn more about the Children’s Museum of the Upstate.
Greenville Zoo Passes
This program is completely funded by our 4 Pickens County Library Friends Groups. If you would like to contribute to our Free Pass program, simply join the Friends group at your local branch!
- Limited to general admission only. Special exhibitions are not covered, and other restrictions may apply;
- Zoo passes cannot be reserved over the phone, the patron must come in person.
- Passes are only available for use Monday-Thursday and can be distributed 30 days in advance.
- Admission to the Zoo is only valid for the date listed on the pass.
- Each pass is good for six individuals.
- Each branch may issue four passes per reservable day.
- Patrons are responsible for dated passes, we are unable to replace lost passes.
Learn more about the Greenville Zoo.