Our We Care Wellness Program aims to help educate the community on health topics that have been recognized as health risk factors in Pickens County. Stop by the FREE room at County Administration in January for related resources, to sign up for a library card, and preview our new We Care Wellness Kits that will soon be available for checkout. At 1pm on Wednesdays in January, Michelle Spearman, licensed nutritionist, will give healthy cooking demonstrations.
This program was made possible by a grant from the National Library of Medicine.
Jan 5 – Diabetes
Jan 12 – Heart Disease
Jan 19 – Hypertension
Jan 26 – Overall Health
All demonstrations are at 1pm at the Pickens County Administration Building.
We Care Wellness Kits
Our We Care Wellness kits will be available for check out at all library locations. They will provide helpful information on common health related issues that many of us face every day.
Healthy Cooking (Kids)
Human Body (Ages 0-5)
Human Body – Chinese (Ages 0-5)
- Only available at the Central/Clemson location
Human Body – Spanish (Ages 0-5)
- Only available at the Easley location
Human Body (Ages 6-11)
Stress & Anxiety
MedlinePlus is an online health information resource whose mission is to present high-quality, relevant health and wellness information that is trusted and easy to understand, in both English and Spanish. It provides reliable health information available anytime, anywhere, for free. Access it here.
We Care Wellness Kits items are only available to Adult (18+) borrowers that reside in Pickens County and are in good standing.
- Good standing means the borrower has fines of $5.00 or less. Those on payment plans are not considered to be in good standing.
- Reciprocal and Out-of-County borrowers do not have access to these items.
- Patrons must have their card for 30 days before they can check out these items.
Items have a loan period of 28 days and do not have the option of renewal.
- Replacement costs may vary.
Items will be available at each library branch circulation desk on a first come, first served basis.
- Some items cannot be placed on hold.
- When items are returned, they will need to be on the shelf for 24 hours before they can be checked back out (items cannot be turned in and checked right back out to the same household).
Normal checkout and check in procedures apply.
- Items should not be placed in book drops.